[rt-users] Rt 3.0.10 Windows Version - Fetchmail not working

Christian Fischer christian at fischer3.de
Tue Jul 20 06:20:42 EDT 2004

First of all thanks for your response.

> In my case the cygwin dll's with fetchmail were the only piece of
cygwin
> that was required.

I used the installer from http://p4.elixus.org/dist which already
installs and partly sets up fetchmail. If you have not used this
installer, a brief description:

At c:\program files\ourInternet\common\fetchmail\bin is the
fetchmail-exe located, besides there are some dll's:
cygcrypto-0.9.7.dll
cygiconv-2.dll
cygintl-2.dll
cygssl-0.9.7.dll
cygwin1.dll

These dll's are the only CygWin that I have installed

> My issue was resolved by ensuring that cygwin could resolve a home
> direcotry for the user that started fetchmail.

Resolve a home directory? I do not know if this is necessary at my type
of installation, besides of that I do not understand exactly, what this
would mean/how to achieve this.

What I did was: According to another RT-Thread I updated the cygwin1.dll
to the latest, but with no better result.

Regarding, Christian

Christian