[rt-users] Install of RT on FreeBSD

Rainer Duffner rainer at ultra-secure.de
Wed Jul 21 12:01:01 EDT 2004

Am Di, 2004-07-20 um 23.55 schrieb Andy Baran:
> I've just done my first attempt at an install of RT on FreeBSD.  I
> installed it by using the www/rt3 port.  Apache is all setup correctly
> and I've pointed DocumentRoot to /usr/local/rt3/share/html but when I
> open up the page in a browser I see this:
>
> %# BEGIN LICENSE BLOCK %# %# Copyright (c) 1996-2003 Jesse Vincent %# %#

What apache-version ?

Do you have a virtual host for RT or do you just use a dedicated apache?

Is the apache-config as described in the  documentation ?

If you use a virtual host that has the same name as the main host, it
doesn't work (at least for me, with apache2).
I assume this is a test-environment anyway, so just leave out the
virtual-host config and replace the apache-standard-config with the
values in the virtual-host-section in the documentation.

Like:

DocumentRoot "/usr/local/rt3/share/html"
<Directory "/usr/local/rt3/share/html">

     # this line applies to Apache2+mod_perl2 only
    PerlModule Apache2 Apache::compat

    PerlModule Apache::DBI
    PerlRequire /usr/local/rt3/bin/webmux.pl

RedirectMatch permanent (.*)/$ http://www.the.site$1/index.html

    <Location />
        SetHandler perl-script
        PerlHandler RT::Mason
    </Location>

Assuming it lives in /usr/local/rt3 and is a dedicated rt3-webserver.

I don't know the FreeBSD-port - I use FreeBSD, but I only use the port
to install the dependencies ;-)

Rainer