[rt-users] Rt on Sun hardware with Solaris OS

Shawn Guillemette sguillemette at metrocastcablevision.com
Wed Jul 21 14:15:03 EDT 2004

Has anyone tried to install RT on a Sun machine running Solaris 9 or 8?
If so there much additional work that need to happen before the
application functioned correctly? Was it Time effective?  I have in the
past taken an application from the freebsd Ports collection and hacked
it to work under Solaris. However, I was not pleased with the amount of
work and time that it took to convert it. Basically I'm looking to find
out the amount of work and time it would take to implement Rt on a SUN
machine running Solaris 8 or 9.

Thanks
Shawn