[rt-users] LDAP and SSL problem

Odhiambo Washington wash at wananchi.com
Thu Jul 22 05:30:09 EDT 2004

* Kirk Storer <backsstock at yahoo.com> [20040721 20:59]: wrote:
> I was using RT 3.0 and recently upgraded to the newest
> release. Now I am having trouble with the LDAP and
> SSL. If I comment out the LDAP stuff, I get the RT
> login page. If I comment out the RT stuff, and change
> the DocumentRoot to "/var/www/html" then the LDAP
> works. However, if I leave it as below, I get the
> apache login prompt, but when I login nothing happens.
> This is essentially the same configuration that was
> working, any ideas on what is wrong?
>

> <VirtualHost *:443>
>
> DocumentRoot "/opt/rt3/share/html"
> ServerAdmin admin at localhost
> ErrorLog /var/log/rt-ssl_error_log
> TransferLog /var/log/rt-ssl_access_log
>
> AddDefaultCharset UTF-8
>
> PerlSetVar MasonArgsMethod CGI
> PerlModule Apache2 Apache::compat
> RewriteEngine On
> RewriteRule ^(.*)/$ $1/index.html
>
> PerlModule Apache::DBI
> PerlRequire /opt/rt3/bin/webmux.pl
>
> ErrorLog /var/log/httpd/rt-ssl-error_log
> CustomLog /var/log/httpd/rt-ssl-access_log combined
>
> <Location />
>     require valid-user
>     AuthType Basic
>     AuthName "Restricted Access"
>     AuthLDAPEnabled On
>     AuthLDAPURL
> ldap://ldap.server.address:389/ou=users,o=asdf
>
>     SetHandler perl-script
>     PerlHandler RT::Mason
> </Location>
> </VirtualHost>

I'd say you simply did not think over your upgrade. Why should you
have two DocumentRoots for one virtual host?
Your DocumentRoot should be where you installed RT. You don't have
to make a guess about that, do you?

        cheers
       - wash
Odhiambo Washington                     . WANANCHI ONLINE LTD (Nairobi, KE)  |
<wash at wananchi dot com>              . 1ere Etage, Loita Hse, Loita St.,  |
GSM: (+254) 722 743 223                 . # 10286, 00100 NAIROBI             |
GSM: (+254) 733 744 121                 . (+254) 020 313 985 - 9             |