[rt-users] installation comments

Albert Dvornik bert+rt at rti.com
Mon Jul 26 13:27:41 EDT 2004

Hi, everyone.

I just installed 3.2.1 and ran into a pretty trivial gotcha.  After
installation, etc/RT_Config.pm had the mode 550 (perhaps because of my
umask?).  This meant it wasn't readable by the unprivileged user that
Apache was running under.  And that caused the scripts not to work.

While I'm at it, here are two really minor nits:

 - The README file and the wiki docs don't mention that you're
   supposed to install the FCGI perl module when running under
   FastCGI.  (Should I add this to the wiki?)

 - I couldn't get RT to install as a non-root user (since the chowns
   fail, of course).  It would be nice if you could.

If this is the wrong place to mention these, please set me straight.

Loads of thanks to Jesse and all the contributors!
--bert