[rt-users] nickname versus name in correspondence

Sam Tilders sam at jovianprojects.com.au
Wed Jul 28 00:18:54 EDT 2004

I have been trying to work out how NickName in a users
profile is used if at all...

Some of our queues we would prefer to have the correspondence
use only our staff's first name in the email From, rather than
their whole name.

I found a reference to a patch to use NickName if set
and otherwise use Name on the rt-devel list quite some time
ago http://lists.bestpractical.com/pipermail/rt-devel/2001-December/001806.html
but I can't find anything that indicates this might have been applied
or survived to current releases.

Perhaps it's possible to set the details of the From headers in
an On Correspondence scrip? Has anyone any details on this? I
haven't found any relevant examples.

Cheers,
- Sam

Sam Tilders