[rt-users] nickname versus name in correspondence

Ruslan U. Zakirov cubic at acronis.ru
Wed Jul 28 03:10:55 EDT 2004

Sam Tilders wrote:
> I have been trying to work out how NickName in a users
> profile is used if at all...
>
> Some of our queues we would prefer to have the correspondence
> use only our staff's first name in the email From, rather than
> their whole name.
>
> I found a reference to a patch to use NickName if set
> and otherwise use Name on the rt-devel list quite some time
> ago http://lists.bestpractical.com/pipermail/rt-devel/2001-December/001806.html
> but I can't find anything that indicates this might have been applied
> or survived to current releases.
As I remember this patch is WebUI customization.

> Perhaps it's possible to set the details of the From headers in
> an On Correspondence scrip? Has anyone any details on this? I
> haven't found any relevant examples.
Template section of
http://wiki.bestpractical.com/?FAQ

http://wiki.bestpractical.com/index.cgi?Template

Examples:
http://wiki.bestpractical.com/index.cgi?UseActorAsSender
http://wiki.bestpractical.com/index.cgi?MultipleOutgoingEmailAddresses

And many many times in archive. Would be good if you'll add another
variants to wiki.