[rt-users] Email problems when sending attachments

Kogami, Bruce bkogami at randmcnally.com
Wed Jun 2 17:47:17 EDT 2004

Hi,

We are running into problems with sending attachments to the RT server.
This is the email error from our RT server.
Jun  2 09:33:29 ir-rt-01 sendmail[5807]: i52GUqFn005806: timeout waiting for input from local during Draining Input

I checked sendmail.org and they have an article about this error...

----
>From sendmail.org
If e-mail is delivered to a program which generates too much output, then sendmail may issue an error:

  timeout waiting for input from local during Draining Input

Make sure that the program does not generate output beyond a status message (corresponding to the exit status). This may require a wrapper around the actual program to redirect output to /dev/null.
----

Is there anyway to redirect the program output to /dev/null?
Any other suggestions on how I can fix this problem?

It seems that the problem only surfaces the user sends attachments to RT. If the email is small, then we don't see this problem.

I'm running Linux RH EL3, sendmail 8.12.11, RT 3.0.11, perl 5.8.4

Thanks,
Bruce

This E-mail is confidential.  It should not be read, copied, disclosed or used by any person other than the intended recipient.  Unauthorized use, disclosure or copying by whatever medium is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful.  If you have received this E-mail in error, please contact the sender immediately and delete the E-mail from your system.