[rt-users] running 2 RT under one SSL- VirtualHost

AJ rt at musefoundry.com
Fri Jun 4 15:48:12 EDT 2004

Install RT in another directory.
Copy your front end to the local directory.
Copy you existing httpd.conf to something like httpd-devel.conf and change
the locations to point to the devel installation
Start up the development server with <pathtoapachebin>/httpd -f
<pathtoconf>/httpd-devel.conf
In your devel conf name sure NameVirtualHost directive looks like:
NameVirtualHost *:<port defined in conf>

And in your virt host directive:
<VirtualHost *:PORT>
</virtualhost>

Will start up another apache server using the development conf file which
points to your development instance of rt and saves the need to install
another apache. Can be accessed by going to http://rt:port

A.J.