[rt-users] Scrip to resolve a ticket based on subject text?

Charles Jones jonescr at cisco.com
Fri Jun 4 17:52:21 EDT 2004

I am trying to integrate "Big Brother" into RT.  Basically BB is a
systems monitoring system that sends emails/alerts when things go awry.
So far I have BB sending copies of the alerts into RT, which opens a
ticket.  What I need to do is have a Scrip that can automatically
resolve a ticket upon the receipt of a resolved email from BB, which is
denoted by an alert ID of 0.

Example:
When host "host1" has a disk problem, BB sends in an email with the
subject line of:
!BB - 2270510! host1.cisco.com.disk - 400064101115035

When host1's disk problem is resolved, BB automatically sends a followup
resolved email with the subject line of:
!BB - 0000000! host1.cisco.com.disk - 400064101115035

Note the zeros. So, I need some way to scan the subject of the incoming
ticket, and if it has zeros, resolve the ticket whose subject has a
matching BB id number (the 400064..).

P.S. I know this may be a bit confusing for anyone who hasn't dealt with
BB, I'm just hoping someone who is a guru at making RT scrips has
allready done something similar to this and can give me some pointers.

-Charles