[rt-users] Anyone going to fix RT::Interface::Email::Filter::SpamAssassin

Les Mikesell les at futuresource.com
Sun Jun 6 15:04:15 EDT 2004

On Sat, 2004-06-05 at 00:05, Jesse Vincent wrote:

> I posted a pre-filter a while ago and actually here at Best Practical,
> we've been much happier filtering out spam _before_ it gets anywhere
> near RT.

It is such a universal problem that it would be nice if RT could
handle it internally.  How about adding something that looks like
a queue from the UI but is really kept in separate tables until
manually deleted or accepted?  Holding in the spam queue could
be triggered either by the contents of a header if you do
spam scanning at the system level or as an option, RT could
run SpamAssassin internally.  Hmmm, I suppose every real queue
would have to have an optional matching spam holding queue so
the permissions to view it would match - maybe generalizing to
a 'moderated' queue would be a better idea, with spam tagging
being one thing that could trigger the requirement for a moderator
to manually make the choice to accept or not.

---
  Les Mikesell
    les at futuresource.com