[rt-users] problem with fetchmail

James Smith jsmith at PRESIDIO.com
Tue Jun 8 15:09:50 EDT 2004

I'm fighting the same battle...

I've done what Paula suggested, and I still get the same error in the end. I've checked the fetchmail man page, and none of the errors given are listed, so I have no idea what is causing the error. Bummer that...

Is there anything magical about this version of fetchmail given in the install, and does the placement of it and it's dll's in the windows filesystem matter? I'm thinking of replacing the entire fetchmail part given in the install package with the one that comes direct from Cygwin and seeing what happens with that...

James H. Smith II NNCSE NNCDS
Senior Systems Engineer
First Call Response Center Team Lead
The Presidio Corporation

-----Original Message-----
From: Rtuser [mailto:rtuser at slynetworks.com]
Sent: Tuesday, June 08, 2004 11:21 AM
To: rt-users at lists.bestpractical.com
Subject: [rt-users] problem with fetchmail

I can't seem to get fetchmail to work.  I've tried to point (pop3,imap) to different servers, exchange and imail with same results.  I've created different queues with different addresses and still no dice.  Help!

Thanks,
Oscar.

results when running rt-mailgate pop3 mode:

fetchmail: starting fetchmail 6.2.5 daemon
1 message for newqueue at mail.mydomain.com (651 octets).
reading message newqueue at mail.mydomain.com:1 of 1 (651 octets) fetchmail: MDA r
eturned nonzero status 127
 not flushed
fetchmail: sleeping at Tue Jun 08 10:04:48 2004

... in imap mode:
fetchmail: starting fetchmail 6.2.5 daemon
1 message (1 seen) for newqueue at mail.mydomain.com.
skipping message newqueue at mail.mydomain.com:1 not flushed
fetchmail: sleeping at Tue Jun 08 10:17:03 2004