[rt-users] problem with fetchmail

Danny Smith dsmith at sirocco.com.au
Tue Jun 8 18:00:21 EDT 2004

Hi James,

I might be able to help with the 'Lock creation failed' - with Cygwin
installed I ran into the same issue.  It's probably trying to create the
lock file in the current user's home directory (their cygwin home
directory).

For instance on my test install with everything running as
Administrator, it's trying to create
c:\cygwin\home\Administrator\.fetchmail.pid, and that directory doesn't
exist by default.

It started working for me after I created the directory and sorted the
permissions.

Cheers,

Danny Smith