[rt-users] RT's report facilities

ann at drop.2organize.com ann at drop.2organize.com
Thu Jun 10 06:33:11 EDT 2004

Joerg wrote:

> A thing I am missing though is the ability to generate reports. Let's
> say I wanted to communicate a detailed list of feature requests for a
> product to a person I cannot grant direct access to RT. How do I do
> this? (I should note that the feature request queue involves a couple of
> custom fields).

We had a similar need; people wanted Excel overviews of projects which
also involved custom fields (although in our case the people who needed
the overviews did have access).

I made some new templates which operated on search results (and were
linked from the search page) that gave the information in tab-delimited
format.

I'm not very satisfied with the result, however, because it requires the
person to explicitly save the page source.

I haven't had time to look for a more graceful solution yet.  So I'm
also curious about how other people have solved this.

- Ann