[rt-users] Forbidden Error after Install

Roland, Ryan M rmroland at indiana.edu
Thu Jun 10 15:33:35 EDT 2004

I mentioned something about this problem in another thread, but wanted
to reiterate my request for help since my issue has no problem
reiterating its complaint.

Everything during install goes swimmingly, but when I direct a browser
at the site, I get a Forbidden error.  This is on Apache 1.3.31-r1 and
mod_perl 1.27-r4

Looking at the error_log on the server I get an error like:
"client denied by server configuration: /usr/rt3/share/html.'

Here are some more details on users/perms:

Apache is running as user "apache"

I configured with:

./configure
  --prefix=/usr/rt3
  --with-web-user=apache
  --with-web-group=apache

All files and directories (recursively) of /usr/rt3 have permissions of
755, so user apache should have at least read permissions on those
files.

So, I'm stumped.  If anyone else has run into this issue, I'd appreciate
some guidance.

Thanks,

Ryan Roland

Application Developer