[rt-users] Re: Perl Question

seph seph at directionless.org
Thu Jun 10 22:52:26 EDT 2004

> I want to customize rt, which is why I'm asking the question...

Then you should start by getting a good knowledge of perl. Much of the
RT customization is straight perl, using the existing RT stuff for the
web related stuff. Understanding perl's objects, pointers, and modules
helps a good deal.

After that I'd spend a short period of time getting a rough feel for
CGI and how web interaction works (like a day). Then either jump into
RT, or spend a bit with mason. RT should be pretty easy, if you've
picked up the perl background.

seph