[rt-users] Attachment Problems - Yet Another

Mike Ridilla mike.ridilla at globalcomplianceservices.com
Fri Jun 18 09:38:50 EDT 2004

I'm pretty sure I did configure mysql to handle packets larger than 1Mb.  In
the /etc/my.cnf file, I have the following:

[mysql]
max_allowed_packet=100M

BTW, the mysql version I'm running is 4.0.17.

Then in the RT_SiteConfig.pm (rt 3.0.8), I have the following:

Set($MaxAttachmentSize , 100000000);
Set($TruncateLongAttachments , undef);
Set($DropLongAttachments , undef);

I was reading another set of messages and it one of them said I should
possibly upgrade to > 3.0.9pre.  I'm referring to:

On Solaris 8, the fix seems to be in 3.0.9pre4 with perl 5.8.3.  This did
it for me.  For some reason, 3.0.9pre2 still had the same problem on
downloading attachments using IE.

Regards, Neil

--On lundi 9 février 2004 18:00 +0200 Danie Marais
<danie.marais at attix5.com> wrote:

> Can't be it because I can download smaller ones just fine.  And I have
> 3.0.8.
>
> But as I say not the end of the world.
>
>> I remember some fixes in rt3.0.8 or 9pre about IE bug with some no-cache
>> headers.
>> I size doesn't matter in this case of error.
>> Best regards. Ruslan.
>> >
>> > Thanks again.
>> > Danie

So should I just go ahead and bite the bullet and upgrade to 3.0.11?

Thanks again for all the help!
Mike Ridilla

System Admin
Global Compliance Services