[rt-users] RE: dumpfile-to-rt-3.0 choking on attachment

Robert Joost rob.joost at knowledgenet.com
Fri Jun 18 17:56:28 EDT 2004

Jesse Vincent wrote:

>On Fri, Jun 18, 2004 at 01:36:41PM -0700, Robert Joost wrote:
>

>>Dave Dennis wrote:
>>
>>then reran dumpfile-to-rt-3.0 and still the same behavior:
>>all users, queues, etc, are properly imported BUT the tickets are not..
>>

>Robert,
>	The last version of RT you identifed yourself as running was RT
>3.0.4. Over the past eleven and a half months, many things about RT
>3.0.x have been improved. Can you please verify that you're still having
>these issues with RT 3.0.11?

So far, I've been able to do everything directly from FreeBSD ports. RT3
was a (nearly) seemless
build from ports....after doing the cvsup, the new dist is indeed rt 3.0.11.
(FYI, to use the port with postgres, simply go into
/usr/ports/www/rt3/work/rt*/ and modify the makefile, it's quite
explicitly documented in there - btw, we do use  postgres on both the
rt2 box and the new rt3 box)
..
just go rt3.0.11 built...no success with the database, so dropped it,
and initialized a new database and ran the dump again with the same
exact errors.

/usr/local/rt3/rt2-to-rt3-1.23/dumpfile-to-rt-3.0 dump  is being run as
root
and it is still able to creat all the users and queues...just no tickets.

--
Rob Joost
Unix Administrator

KnowledgeNet
14624 N. Scottsdale Road, #300
Scottsdale, AZ  85254
Phone:   (480) 315-4841
Cell:    (602) 920-6113
Email: rob.joost at knowledgenet.com
Web:   <http://www.knowledgenet.com/>

Why KnowledgeNet? Listen and learn from top customers -- Cisco, US
Postal Service, and EMC, to name a few!
<http://www.knowledgenet.com/onlineevents/>

NOTICE: This communication may contain privileged or other confidential information. If you are not the intended recipient or believe that you may have received this communication in error, please reply to the sender indicating that fact and delete the copy you received. Thank you.