[rt-users] Inserting tickets directly to database

Wilson Abigaba wilson at cfi.co.ug
Tue Jun 29 04:58:01 EDT 2004

Use a perl script or even php

The table for ticket headers and details is "Tickets"

And for the content(message body and attachments) is "Attachments".

Actually for me i play with that database alot....I have a system where
tickets are resolved automatically and sends a confirmation mail but the
logic is just
mysql> update Tickets set Status='Resolved' where Id=$TicketId;
assinging Tickets owners and owners sent mail,
mysql> update Tickets set Owner=$UserId where id=$Tickeid;

And so on...just get fluent with your scripting languages but don't delete
some initial database info like the system group, the system users, etc. If
you do, then go to /path/to/rt/etc/initialdata and do the necessary.

Guys at work also refused to always login to Our RT so they just send mail
(and tickets are created), then resolve by also sendiing mail.