[rt-users] FreeBSD Apache port questions

Phil Lawrence prlawrence at Lehigh.EDU
Tue Jun 29 11:14:53 EDT 2004

Before making the rt3 port, I have found out I need to:
   - make the Perl port (done)
   - make the MySQL server port (done)

Now I wonder about Apache with statically compiled mod_perl and mod_ssl.

If I go ahead and simply build the rt3 port, apache is built with
mod_perl as a DSO, supposedly a big no-no with RT.  And I don't think
mod_ssl is used at all.

So, do I need to install apache/mod_perl/ssl by hand, or is there a port
that can build what I want given the right parameters?  I do see ports
for apache+mod_perl, apache+mod_ssl, and apache+ssl (? whats the diff ?)...

Thanks,
Phil