[rt-users] Overriding Precedence Header

Darren Nickerson darren at dazza.org
Tue Jun 29 23:44:28 EDT 2004

On Tue, Jun 29, Jesse Vincent wrote:
> No. That's not actually quite right. RT _doesn't respond_ to incoming
> mail with a precendece of bulk. Other than that it continues to act on
> it. Setting the precedence header to "bulk" is a pretty widely honored
> convention for saying "This email message was generated by a machine,
> not a human. If you're a machine (like a vacation autoresponder), you
> don't want to reply to the sender, as you're likely to generate a loop.

Not sure if this has been covered yet (I'm a little late to this thread),
but we've had several customers call us complaining that then never received
correspondence from us. After some digging, it turns out their spam filters
had interpreted the bulk precedence header as a sure sign that our
correspondence was spam-tastic.

-Darren