[rt-users] FreeBSD Apache port questions

Justin Hawkins justin at internode.com.au
Wed Jun 30 01:50:24 EDT 2004

On Tue, Jun 29, 2004 at 11:14:53AM -0400, Phil Lawrence wrote:

> Before making the rt3 port, I have found out I need to:
>   - make the Perl port (done)
>   - make the MySQL server port (done)
>
> Now I wonder about Apache with statically compiled mod_perl and mod_ssl.

I'm not convinced that the old mantra 'mod_perl as a DSO is bad' is
still true.

I'm also not convinced if it was *ever* true under FreeBSD.

I've certainly never had any problem with mod_perl compiled out of
ports, as a DSO.

I have an RT implementation in production under it right now.

	- Justin

--
Justin Hawkins                     Email:  justin at internode.com.au (W)
Systems Programmer                 Email:  justin at hawkins.id.au    (H)