[rt-users] Installation: apachectl ConfigTest just hangs

Joe Masters joe at BUILDERadius.com
Wed Jun 30 16:37:05 EDT 2004

After installing all the relevant modules and putting the appropriate
lines in my httpd.conf, when I run apachectl configtest, it does not return.

If I comment out the

PerlRequire /opt/rt3/bin/webmux.pl

line, configtest returns with "Syntax OK".

If I run

/opt/rt3/bin/webmux.pl

as the web user, it returns without any output.

I have searched this mailing list and google and groups.google.com for
answers, but couldn't find anything referencing what I'm experiencing.

All I know about PerlRequire is what I've read in the reference ("At
server start-up and restart, this directive reads in and evaluates a
Perl script (usually standard Perl files ending in .pl), much like
Perl's built-in require command")...  But clearly if I can execute it on
the command line, then it shouldn't hang...?

Any help would be much appreciated!

--joe