[rt-users] Permission denied on comment email

Leon Sonntag leon at iwa-solutions.com
Wed Jun 30 19:10:33 EDT 2004

I'm getting a strange error on my email gateway comments.  When any email
is sent to the "queueName"-comment address it quietly dies.  The correspond
address works fine.  (Both setup as per the install guide)

The maillog shows it being properly delivered.  The RT log show NOTHING. My
syslog has the following error:
Jun 30 16:46:36 RTserver RT: Permission Denied
(/opt/rt3/lib/RT/Interface/Email.pm:724)

File permissions don't seem to be a problem.

Line 724 of Email.pm is:
             #Warn the sender that we couldn't actually submit the comment.
             MailError(
                 To          => $ErrorsTo,
                 Subject     => "Message not recorded",
                 Explanation => $msg,
                 MIMEObj     => $Message
             );

SETUP:
Redhat 8
RT 3.0.6
Perl 5.8.0

Any ideas would be appreciated....

Most anything is easy after you've done it successfully a few times

Leon Sonntag
Innovative Web Applications
leon at iwa-solutions dot com