[rt-users] rt2-to-rt3 links-only

Adam Hirsch adam at baz.org
Mon Mar 1 14:15:39 EST 2004

So I goobered up my rt2->3 installation by running dumpfile-to-rt-3.0 while
my $rtname was still set to "testing.foo", and then changing it to its
proper value after the fact.  The end result was a seemingly good import,
but without any of the links and ticket relationships I'd expected.

In looking around for a way to recover, I poked around in
dumpfile-to-rt-3.0, and noticed that it's just set up as a bunch of
conditional actions, keyed off of some booleans:

my $import_global_metadata = 1;
my $import_users           = 1;
my $import_groups          = 1;
my $import_queues          = 1;
my $import_tickets         = 1;
my $import_links           = 1;

What I'm curious about is whether or not I could just turn all these to 0
except for $import_links, and then rerun dumpfile-to-rt-3.0 to pull just the
links into my running RT3 instance.  Anyone done anything similar?

Adam

--
adam at baz.org              One test is worth a thousand expert opinions.
http://web.baz.org/~adam/                   - Bill Nye the Science Guy