[rt-users] Information regarding RT plus Fetchmail

Russ Roff rroff at stny.rr.com
Tue Mar 2 20:07:55 EST 2004

I'm not sure what you're trying to accomplish, but my opinion is that RT's
mail interface is one of it's strongest points.  If you don't have a server
with an MX record to send mail specifically for RT and all of it's aliases,
can you influence your mail administrator to create some aliases for you on
their server?  You're really missing out if you are strapped to an external
POP account.

If you absolutely need to proxy mail through a POP3 account, can you use
forwarding?  If not, I'd suggest you look at Mail::POP3Client for a
solution.  You'll need to do some creative header re-writes to make it
useful, but it's possible, I imagine.

For sending mail from RT, a functional sendmail (or equivalent) is all that
you would need.

Regards,

Russ