[rt-users] autocreate without saving requestor name

Ed Kershenbaum edk at grandvirtual.com
Wed Mar 3 00:20:35 EST 2004

May be an FAQ...

I'm using a non-RT form (via CLI or XML RPC) to post messages into RT
queues, incuding several custom fields.

Once the message gets into RT, I want it to appear as though it was posted
by the original requestor, so AutoReply and all future correspondance works
properly.  However, I do not wish to make every requestor an RT user, as
AutoCreate seems to do.  We have many 1000s of requestors, but users should
be limited to our internal CSRs.  We do not plan to use the self service
i/f.

Q: Any suggestion on how to best configure the system to achieve this?

If the requestor responds to a ticket, the response should be posted against
the originally-created ticket.  However, if someone send e-mail to one of
the queue addresses that is not in response to a ticket, I want to
AutoRespond to direct them to a web form (non-RT), with no ticket creation.
Any suggestions on how to make this happen?

Thx,

Ed