[rt-users] Custom Conditions

Stephen Turner sturner at MIT.EDU
Fri Mar 5 12:55:29 EST 2004

At Friday 3/5/2004 12:30 PM, Andy Harrison wrote:

> >  > Not even close.  In templates, for example, where is
> >  > $Ticket->Transactions->First->Content documented?
> >                        ^^^ this s mean collection(First, Next, Last)
> >  perldoc DBIx::SearchBuilder
> >  Each element in collection is:
> >  perldoc /opt/rt3/lib/RT/Transaction.pm
> >  perldoc /opt/rt3/lib/RT/Transaction_Overlay.pm
> >

>Ah, I see.  Even the manual from Jesse's class only documents Next.
>Although there is still nothing to indicate that ->Content is
>available to First.

Andy,

I think there is - you just need to decipher the OO Perl syntax and use this
to navigate the path through the perldocs:

-  $Ticket is a Ticket object - look at the perldoc for RT::Ticket (& _Overlay)
    and you will find that:
- Ticket has a method called Transactions that returns a Transactions object.
   In perldoc RT::Transactions you will find that:
- Transactions has method First that returns a Transaction object -
   In perldoc RT::Transaction you will see:
- Transaction has method Content which returns the transaction's content.

It sounds like a good entry for the wiki FAQ would be 'what RT objects are
available to me in scrips & templates?'. I'm willing to draft an answer
based on Ruslan's contributions to this thread.

Can someone confirm that the naming convention means that the variable
names are composed from base class name + "Obj" - for example the ticket
object is called TicketObj?

Steve