[rt-users] rt-3.0.9, Perl 5.8.3, FastCGI + Oracle ... all binary attachments truncated?

Darren Nickerson darren at dazza.org
Tue Mar 9 01:07:12 EST 2004

Folks,

Yet another email for the benefit of the archives ....

We managed to trace the problem to an Oracle-specific limit that was being
set in SearchBuilder's Handle/Oracle.pm:

    $self->dbh->{LongTruncOk}=1;
    $self->dbh->{LongReadLen}=8000;

This effectively limited the CLOB data fetch to 8 bytes. Although the
attachments were being stored properly, it would not be possible to fetch
any but the smallest of them from RT under any circumstances, if you were
using Oracle.

We've been in touch with Jesse, and a fix will be included in the next
pre-release, apparently.

-Darren