[rt-users] Canonical Method: Multiple Approvals?

Bryant Durrell durrell at innocence.com
Tue Mar 9 11:38:11 EST 2004

I'm trying to figure out how to generate multiple approval requests from
a single ticket.  Right now, my global template looks like this:

===Create-Ticket: maintenance1
Subject: Maintenance approval for {$Tickets{'TOP'}->Subject}
Queue: TestApproval
Type: Approval
Depended-On-By: TOP
Owner: bdurrell
Content: Please visit {$RT::WebURL}Approvals/Display.html?id={$Ticket->id}
to approve or reject this ticket.
ENDOFCONTENT
===Create-Ticket: maintenance2
Queue: TestApproval
Type: Approval
Depended-On-By: TOP
Owner: mpacheco
Content: Please visit {$RT::WebURL}Approvals/Display.html?id={$Ticket->id}
to approve or reject this ticket.
ENDOFCONTENT

Unfortunately, this template doesn't generate any approvals.

If I remove the maintenance2 ticket completely, an approval ticket gets
generated appropriately.

Do I need to set up a separate template for each approval I want to
generate?  I don't mind doing this but it seems a little clunky.  Maybe
I'm just being a purist.

--
        Bryant Durrell [] http://www.innocence.com/~durrell [] 9/11/2001