[rt-users] Disable Auto-Reply to Specific User?

Adolfo Santiago mailbag at anothernet.com
Tue Mar 9 14:57:47 EST 2004

If you have the ability to use Procmail, you can add a "Precedence: Bulk"
header to the messages you don't want to send an auto-reply to.  For
example, we get messages from FedEx, but don't want auto-replies to go to
them.  So, in the appropriate .procmailrc file we have:

# FedEx messages:
# - Add "Precedence: Bulk" header so Request Tracker won't autoreply

:0fhw: .msgid.lock
* ^From:.*fedex.com.*
| formail -i "Precedence: Bulk"

RT doesn't auto-reply to messages with "Precedence: Bulk".

I hope this helps.

Chago