[rt-users] rt2-to-rt3 problems

Ben Browning benb at theriver.com
Thu Mar 11 17:44:37 EST 2004

Hi all,

I am migrating an RT2.0.14 instance (MySQL apache1x mod_perl) to another
box. In the process, I am upping it to RT3.0.9(MySQL, Apache1x, fastcgi)

The current DB has a bit under 600,000 tickets in it. Many of these are
"dead" and have been deleted via Steve Poirier's deletedeadtickets script.
I ran rt-2.0-to-dumpfile (1.23) once and received "Terminated" after 20
minutes of chugging along. No files were written to the main export dir
except for a tickets-0 dir. After I upped the $export_dir_limit to an
obscene amount, I got around 40 minutes of fun before I segfaulted MySQL.
For most of this time, MySQL was chewing through *all* the physical and
swap memory on the box(1g actual 2g swap). Pretty impressive for a 1.6gig DB.

What am I doing wrong? Is there any way I can do this in small chunks or
get meaningful debug output from the script?

~Ben
---
    Ben Browning <benb at theriver.com>
       The River Internet Access Co.