Memory Leak ? Re: [rt-users] System Requirements

Chris Ridd chris.ridd at isode.com
Fri Mar 12 03:19:54 EST 2004

On 12/3/04 12:34 am, Russ Roff <rroff at stny.rr.com> wrote:

> Jim may be using 3.0.8, but I'm indeed on 3.0.9 per my original message.
> Any suggestions there?

I'm playing with 3.0.9 as well, on Linux/x86. It is nice and quick when I
just start Apache up, but *very* slow about a day later. I'm the only RT
user. It is a vanilla install of Apache 1.3.x with built-in mod_perl 1.29,
with no config changes apart from the required RT stuff.

I didn't think to look at memory/swap usage, sorry.

I suspect it is not a leak, but rather (mod_)perl just keeping a lot of
compiled code in memory/cache. There's a lot of material here:

    <URL:http://perl.apache.org/docs/1.0/guide/performance.html>

Cheers,

Chris