[rt-users] Mailgate comment address problem (Debian Unstable debs)

Chad Waters chad at waterz.net
Mon Mar 15 16:46:55 EST 2004

Hello... mail to my comment address is not being sent to RT. My postfix logs are showing this:

Mar 15 15:50:02 helpdesk postfix/local[15884]: 91B5126ED66: to=<rt-comment at helpdesk.x.com>, relay=local, delay=281939, status=deferred (temporary failure. Command output: Can't open comment: No such file or directory at /usr/bin/rt-mailgate line 434. RT server error.  The RT server which handled your email did not behave as expected. It said:  temporary failure  )

My aliases are as follows:

rt: "|/usr/bin/rt-mailgate --queue general --action correspond --url https://helpdesk/rt/"
rt-comment: "|/usr/bin/rt-mailgate --queue --action comment --url https://helpdesk/rt/"

Mail to the rt address is handled perfectly. Any ideas?

All are recent Debian unstable packages:
request-tracker3 = 3.0.9-2
rt3-clients = 3.0.9-2
perl = 5.8.3-2
apache-ssl = 1.3.29.0.1-5
mysql-server 4.0.18-2
I can supply versions of anything else relevant...

Thanks
-C