[rt-users] Cannot Create Ticket Error Again Please Help

Phil Homewood pdh at bestpractical.com
Fri Mar 19 01:57:36 EST 2004

Nick wrote:
> mysql> show table status from rt3 like 'Groups'
> Gives me an Auto_increment of 7009.
> mysql> select max(id) from Groups
> Gives me 7008.

Sounds good.

> Same results when I check Principals.  When I check tickets though,
> mysql> show table status from rt3 like 'Tickets'
> Auto Increment is 1598
> mysql> select max(id) from Tickets
> Max(id) is 1594

That's not really a problem. Means some rows have been deleted, or
have been partially inserted then rolled back. As long as your
autoincrement is higher than max(id) you should be fine.

Next step would be to check your database logs for signs of
illness. Could be something as simple as a lack of disk space,
or something as evil as database corruption, or possibly
something else entirely.

Good luck...