[rt-users] NIS authentication

Parimala Ramdas Parimala.Ramdas at Zoran.com
Fri Mar 19 11:11:06 EST 2004

Hi,
I have made the following changes as stated in various posts for NIS to
work.

RT_SiteConfig.pm
     Set($WebExternalAuth, 1);
     Set($WebExternalAuto, 1);

RT_Config.pm
     Set($WebFallbackToInternalAuth, undef);

httpd.conf
      <Location /rt>
            AuthName "RT Access"
            AuthType Basic
            PerlAuthenHandler Apache::AuthenNIS
            Require valid-user
            SetHandler perl-script
            PerlHandler RT::Mason
      </Location>
      <LocationMatch "/NoAuth">
            Satisfy Any
            Allow from all
      </LocationMatch>

Users from NIS are logged into RT. But if there is no such user, it
doesn't fall back to RT login page. And after log in this user cannot
even change preferences. It says permission denied. I assume that users
are created without any privileges. How can I fix this? And how does an
admin log on to manage RT as $WebFallbackToInternalAuth is failing? I'm
using RT ver 2.1.88.
Thanks in advance.

Parimala