[rt-users] Mail setup and template localization

Ed Kershenbaum edk at grandvirtual.com
Fri Mar 19 12:35:38 EST 2004

-----Original Message-----
From: Helmut Lichtenberg [mailto:heli at tzv.fal.de]
Sent: Friday, March 19, 2004 5:56 AM
To: rt-users at lists.bestpractical.com
Subject: Re: [rt-users] Mail setup and template localization

>Another localization topic:
>How are the names of queues (RT) and classes (RTFM) localizeable? Or
>does it make no sense as the contents of tickets and articles are fixed
>to one (common) language in a multilingual environment anyway?

We've set up RT for multiple languages, one queue per language.  Custom
fields are used to sort the tickets in each queue.

For each language we've set up a corresponding RTFM class for
stock/templated answers.  We have tens and in some cases hundreds per
language.  I've built a pop-up window enable searching or browsing stock
answers.  It is heavily customized (e.g. custom fields, message formats,
etc.) to our environment though, and uses a lot of Javascript - not sure if
it would be applicable to the core RT code base.

Ed