[rt-users] Ticket Filtering

Matt Disney disney at ece.utk.edu
Sat Mar 20 14:09:05 EST 2004

Pedram Messri wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
> I would like to know if it is possible to filter through a messages
> subject, body, From: address, and based on those have rules setup to
> send to different queues. I'm not sure even if you can have two queues
> with the same email address attached to them. If you can't do that in
> any possible way, is there like some way you can setup a section, or one
> user gets assigned to that exact ticket based on those rules. Please
> read below for a best example scenario I could think of.

Have you considered procmail? Others may have better ideas, but insofar
as I understand your situation that's probably what I would use. You can
have procmail handle your local delivery. It sits between your SMTP
server and RT. You can specify recipes in procmail to deliver mail to
certain email addresses or piped processes based on patterns in
messages, such as specific header values or body content. So, if you're
able to break these things up by different queues, this kind of scheme
should work well.

Matt