[rt-users] Slow mySQL Queries

Sebastian Wiesinger sw at internetx.de
Mon Mar 22 09:08:55 EST 2004

* Harald Wagener <hwagener at hamburg.fcb.com> [2004-03-22 12:51]:
> Am 22.03.2004 um 12:40 schrieb Sebastian Wiesinger:
>
> >Hi!
> >
> >We're using rt 3.0.9 on mysql 4.0.18, and our users suffer from poor
> >performance of the mysql queries:
>
> [snip]
>
> >The database is running on a Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU 2.66GHz System
> >with 1GB
> >Ram and myisam tables.
>     ^^^^^^^^^^^^^
>
> You will most likely get better performance if You change that to
> innodb tables and tune MySQL according to
> http://www.innodb.com/ibman.html

I didn't get better performance from converting to innodb, it seems to
be a little bit slower now, when I display a ticket I see some queries
like:

SELECT main.Id AS id, main.Filename AS filename, main.ContentType AS
contenttype, main.Headers AS headers, main.Subject AS subject, main.Parent AS
parent, main.ContentEncoding AS contentencoding, main.ContentType AS
contenttype, main.TransactionId AS transactionid FROM Attachments main  WHERE
((main.Filename IS NOT NULL)AND(main.Filename != '')) AND ((main.TransactionId
= '121606'))  ORDER BY main.id ASC

Which take a few seconds to complete (Status is "Sorting" most of the time.)

Regards,
Sebastian