[rt-users] RE: NIS authentication

Parimala Ramdas Parimala.Ramdas at Zoran.com
Mon Mar 22 10:27:30 EST 2004

Hi,

>> Users from NIS are logged into RT. But if there is no such user, it
>> doesn't fall back to RT login page. And after log in this user cannot
>> even change preferences. It says permission denied. I assume that
users
>> are created without any privileges. How can I fix this?
> The user attributes used with $WebExternalAuto are set in
> Interfaces::Web::WebExternalAutoInfo. It's straightforward to overlay
> that function. However, it does default to creating Privledged users,
> so I'm not sure what you're seeing. Are the users actually created? Do
> you have a strange ACL setup?

 Well users are created and this user can create a ticket but not change
their own preferences like nickname. Getting an error message Permission
denied. I was wrong about privileges as autohandler has SetPrivileged(1)
for users. But why can't I change my own info when logged in?

>> And how does an admin log on to manage RT as
>> $WebFallbackToInternalAuth is failing? I'm using RT ver 2.1.88.
> What do you mean failing? Looking at your httpd,conf snippet, I don't
> see how apache would ever let you hit RT without a valid REMOTE_USER,
> so WebFallbackToInternalAuth is never invoked, only WebExternalAuto.

Oh ok. So as admin is set as REMOTE_USER it doesn't fallback. Is there
any way I can tell apache not to authenticate for 'admin' against NIS
but against RT database?

Thanls,
parimala