[rt-users] Attachments Truncated When Retrieved From Oracle?

Don Johnson drj826 at acm.org
Mon Mar 22 18:10:09 EST 2004

I'm having a problem where attachments are truncated when retrieved from
Oracle.  They get added to the database just fine both through the web
and email gateways but get truncated when I try to retrieve them through
the web interface.

Oracle is not corrupting the attachments. It seems to be RT and its
retrieval of the attachments from the database where the problem
resides. Using a text document of 128k in size we were able to extract
from the database manually the entire file, but when download through RT
only 8k is returned (exactly 8000 bytes). When Word documents or jpeg
(i.e. binary files) are sent to RT only 5922 bytes are downloaded from
RT no matter how big the original attachments were. The entire
attachment seems to be in the database.

The "$MaxAttachmentSize" is properly set to "10000000" (10MB).