[rt-users] Re: One user - multiple email addresses

Sam Stickland sam_ml at spacething.org
Tue Mar 23 09:29:53 EST 2004

seph wrote:
>> I have to wear a couple of hats here - handling tickets for what
>> appear to be two companies to the outside world. Call them Company A
>> and Company B ;) I have an email account under each companies name
>> for talking to clients.
>>
>> Currently, there are two queues, and I have two separate logins,
>> each with a seperate email address.
>>
>> But while this keeps up appearances with the outside world, it
>> obviously makes management more difficult. I figure that this
>> problem must have come up before for other people, so I was
>> wondering if anyone had a more elegant solution (if one exists).
>
> I might be missing something, but since RT sends email as being from
> the queue, what does it matter that you're using 2 separate accounts?
> You should be able to just use 1 account to talk to RT, and let RT do
> all the talking to the external people.

Yep, you're right. Overworked at the moment and I wasn't thinking straight.
Of course, my replies will be rewritten into support at companya.com and
support at companyb.com, so this is a non-issue.

>> We can take this onto the development list if it would be more
>> appropiate there (although my coding time is quite limited at the
>> moment).
>
> nope, this is fine for rt-users.

Particulary considering my muddled thinking today ;)

I guess my question becomes a far simply one of whether it's possible to
have different subject prefixes per queue, but hopefully I can at least
figure that out for myself. ;)

Sam