[rt-users] Attachments issue - PHP4?

Stephen Quinney stephen.quinney at computing-services.oxford.ac.uk
Thu Mar 25 10:23:33 EST 2004

On Thu, Mar 25, 2004 at 09:38:30AM -0500, Jonathan Kelly wrote:
> Hello,

>  I did a bunch of perhaps unwise upgrades on my RT3 server and am
>  experiencing two problems :

>   - Clicking on attachements spits out plain text
> (GIF89a????1!?...and so on). Saving the file as, say, a GIF will
> not allow me to view it.  - Typing the ticket number in the
> upper-right search box brings a "The document has moved here."
> message from Apache.

This sounds very similar to a problem someone else reported about the
rt3 package in Debian, where again they have the up-to-date packages
required. See this page for details:

As yet we've not been able to come up with any answers as the bug does
not appear to be affecting everyone. It certainly works for me in both
testing/sarge and unstable/sid.

Anyone on here have suggestions as to a likely cause?

Stephen Quinney