[rt-users] RT 3.0.9, Apache2, and FastCGI problem...

Michael S. Liebman m-liebman at northwestern.edu
Thu Mar 25 10:48:02 EST 2004

On Wed, Mar 24, 2004 at 10:27:50PM -0500, I wrote:
> Be very restrictive with the permissions you set on this
> directory. There are serious security implications for the files stored in
> there. Do not set the mode to 777 as has been previously suggested.

My memory was shakey on this last night. Your FastCgiIpcDir does need
to have its mode set to 777. (The parent directory I set it up under
is more restrictive. That's were my confusion came from.) The umask
should be 0022. The owner should be the user and group for
Apache. FastCGI takes care of making the subdirectories more secure.

Michael
Michael S. Liebman                      m-liebman at northwestern.edu
                  http://msl521.freeshell.org/
"I have vision and the rest of the world wears bifocals."
        -Paul Newman in "Butch Cassidy & the Sundance Kid"