[rt-users] RT 3.0.9, Apache2, and FastCGI problem...

Michael S. Liebman m-liebman at northwestern.edu
Thu Mar 25 14:01:37 EST 2004

On Thu, Mar 25, 2004 at 08:36:14AM -0700, Steve Wampler wrote:
> <VirtualHost XXXX.XXXX.XXXX.XXX:443>
>     DocumentRoot /var/www/https
>     # (sbw 2004/03/21): Added support for RT problem tracker
>
>     PerlModule Apache2 Apache::compat
>     PerlModule Apache::DBI

You shouldn't need these two lines for fastcgi.

>     AddDefaultCharset UTF-8
>
>     PerlRequire /opt/rt3/bin/webmux.pl

Nor do you need this one.

>     ScriptAlias /rt /opt/rt3/bin/mason_handler.fcgi/
>     Alias /NoAuth/images /opt/rt3/share/html/NoAuth/images/

The image alias should be
    Alias /rt/NoAuth/images /opt/rt3/share/html/NoAuth/images/
to serve them under /rt.

>     # I've tried using <Location /rt> here, instead of <Directory ...>
>     <Directory /opt/rt3/share/html>
>         AddHandler fastcgi-script .fcgi
>         # I've tried it with the next two lines commented out
>         #   individually and collectively
>         PerlHandler RT::Mason
>         RedirectMatch permanent (.*)/$ https://weaver.tuc.noao.edu%1/index.html

You shouldn't need these two lines either.

>         Options All
>     </Directory>
> </VirtualHost>
>
> Does anyone have a similar setup working?

I'm not running in a subdirectory but that shouldn't matter. You may
want to have a look at http://www.anchor.net.au/~jaq/rt/. It's the
basis for everything that I've done.

Michael
Michael S. Liebman                      m-liebman at northwestern.edu
                  http://msl521.freeshell.org/
"I have vision and the rest of the world wears bifocals."
        -Paul Newman in "Butch Cassidy & the Sundance Kid"