[rt-users] rt-mailgate will not create incoming tickets

Glen gstamnitz at neubus.com
Fri Mar 26 14:39:28 EST 2004

I was sure that SSLeay was installed, but it must have been a failure
that I missed when I installed all of the perl dependencies.  I had to
manually install several packages.

So with the install behind me, I test manually and I can create a
ticket--still in the general queue because I did not specify any (this
is a clue).

I tested email next, and this still fails.
After some additional poking, proding, I decided to change the alias
file to create a ticket in the general queue.  This worked.
Now I have to track down what is different with queue=internal.

On the homepage, there is a pulldown window that lists all of the queues
you have access to to create a ticket. These are sorted alphabetically.
Long ago, I added a space as the first character of internal so that it
would be first in the list and be displayed in the pulldown window.

Lesson--> never add invisible characters to the beginning of a queue. It
can cause much grief later when you forget it is there.

I deleted the space, changed /etc/alias back to internal.  and
successfully received email.

Thanks for the help and encouragement to check what I "know" is already
correct.

Now if I can get those Create Ticket queues to sort in a specific
order....
Glen