[rt-users] Re: problem creating ticket in RT via external email source

Paul Suela pds at skyinet.net
Sun Mar 28 21:06:33 EST 2004

Hey Seph,

i may need a little more hand-holding on setting option (2) up. I've
created the ff...

(2) /etc/exim4/conf.d/transport/30_request-tracker3
request_tracker3_pipe:
  debug_print = "T: request_tracker3_pipe for $local_part@$domain"
  driver = pipe
  return_fail_output
  allow_commands = /usr/bin/rt-mailgate

and edited my /etc/exim4/conf.d/router/400_exim4-config_system_aliases
to look like this:

system_aliases:
  debug_print = "R: system_aliases for $local_part@$domain"
  driver = redirect
  domains = +local_domains
  allow_fail
  allow_defer
  data = ${lookup{$local_part}lsearch{/etc/aliases}}
#  user = list
#  group = mail
  file_transport = address_file
# pipe_transport = address_pipe
 pipe_transport = request_tracker3_pipe
# directory_transport = address_directory

then i restarted exim4. and tried emailing RT again.. but RT WebUI still
doesn't register any new tickets. Should i be modifying other exim4
files to tell it to use the request_tracker3_pipe?