[rt-users] InnoDB question... Maybe lame

Brent Wiese brently at bjwcs.com
Tue Mar 30 17:19:55 EST 2004

I have little knowledge of InnoDB, so I apologize in advance if this ends up
being a dumb question.

First, how do I know if RT is using InnoDB tables right now? I'm running
4.0.14. There are ibdata files and such.

Second, if I am using them and decide I want to tune them by using the
different settings in the my-{small|large|huge}.cnf files, I've noticed in
the past mysql complains when I restart. I usually have to delete the ibdata
files and then restart. Is that safe?

Third, I assume doing a mysqldump of the DB will give me everything,
including what would be in those tables, so I know my backups are complete?

I'm still reading thru the link I've been seeing floating around here:
http://www.innodb.com/ibman.php

So no need to provide. ;)

Thanks in advance for answering probably simpleton questions...

Brent