[rt-users] Problem with searching for requestor email address in RT 3.0.9?

Craig Schenk murple at murple.net
Wed Mar 31 12:12:36 EST 2004

A user of mine reported the same bug to me today. I verified it. As Daniel
here reported in his several posts to the list earlier this month, turning on
debugging shows nothing at all regarding the issue. If you go to start a new
search, and try any search on requestor email address (contains, is, is not,
etc) nothing shows up. The search URL is built properly (you see the
RequestorOp=LIKE&ValueOfRequestor=foo in the location bar URL at least) but no
tickets.

Found this when searching the list archives to see if anyone else reported it.
Nobody seemed to respond to Daniel. I'm Cc'ing the bug report queue.

Unlike Daniel, I haven't done any changes to my SQL so he's correct that this
wasnt the cause of his problem. All searches for other fields seem to work,
just not searches on requestor email addresses.

http://lists.fsck.com/pipermail/rt-users/2004-March/021226.html

Daniel E. Eisenbud eisenbud at cbio.mskcc.org
Tue Mar 2 11:38:54 EST 2004

I recently upgraded from RT 3.0.5 to 3.0.9.  While I was at it, I added
the suggested indices and converted from myISAM to InnoDB tables, though
I doubt that those things caused the problem I'm seeing now.

Searching for requestors' email addresses seems not to work at all.  I
enter an address, hit search, RT thinks for a while, and then shows a
list of tickets, but the same list as before.  And the search term
hasn't been added to the list of search terms.

Do I need to do something like force perl to more thoroughly reload
things, or?  I've restarted apache since the upgrade, of course, and
3.0.9 besides that seems to be running just fine.

-Dan