[rt-users] RT3 w/ MySQL to RT3 w/ Oracle?

Greg Deickman Greg.Deickman at coaccess.com
Wed Mar 31 12:47:54 EST 2004

Hello,
  I have been using RT3 with MySQL for about 9 months now.  We are now
in the process of upgrading the back-end to Oracle.  I have successfully
configured 3.0.10 and am running on Oracle in a test environment.  The
problem I am having is porting the binary attachments table from MySQL
to Oracle.  I have used a couple of programs/raw backup sqlldr to try
and port the data from MySQL to oracle.  We have been successful in
importing all tables except Attachments and Sessions.  The problem is
the attachments will import fine and I can see them in the new RT
instance, but if I have a binary (.doc, .pdf) file and try opening the
file from RT the data is corrupt.  If we change the Oracle Attachments
table structure of the Headers and Contents from CLOB to BLOB, the
import works and I am able to see all the attachments, but the rest of
RT breaks when creating new attachments (that was assumed, but we wanted
to test).

So, the main questions I have are:

  1.  Is there any type of script like the rt2-to-rt3 import script,
but with rt3-to-rt3.  This I think would be the cleanest port.
  2.  Is the Sessions table something I need to port from MySQL to
Oracle.  It seems like it might be the active sessions information.
  3.  Has anyone tried to export RT3 data from MySQL and import it into
Oracle.  Have you run into issues with binary attachments?

Environment:
  Old setup:   RT3  v 3.0.4 with MySQL and Perl 5.6 on RHAS v2.1 Apache
1.2 ModPerl about 4000 tickets.
  New setup:  RT3 v 3.0.10 with Oracle 9i (9.2.0.4) and Perl 5.8 on
RHEL v3.0 Apache 2.0 ModPerl

Thanks.

Greg Deickman
System Integration Engineer
Colorado Access

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE:  If you are not the intended recipient of this
electronic message, you are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying,
distribution, or action taken in reliance on the contents of this document
is strictly prohibited.  If you received this information in error, please
notify the sender immediately and arrange for the return or destruction of
this document.
<<<<GWAVAsig>>>>